Saturday, September 28, 2013

dRAgon

dRAgon
8"x16" Original Oil on Archival Panel
Click Here for a Closer Look

When I sat in front of this blank canvas
 I honestly had no idea what I was going to paint,
except for two things. I knew I wanted an "eye" and 
these colors.
Which are completely out of my normal palatte,
but I LOVE these colors and have been
wanted to use them in a painting.

Once I got the Eye painted,
I just let my inner muse take over.
I didn't think,
I just doodled.
Not long into the painting
my second muse, aka my husband said to me,
that reminds me of RA.
My response was, what is RA?
I had no clue about this symbol 

but apparently muse #2 did.
I didn't look up the symbol till after I was 
finished painting.
I definitely see where he was coming from.
It also feels like a dragon o me.
Hence the name dRAgon.
I found the description of RA 
in wikipedia to be quite interesting.  
identified primarily with the midday sun. The meaning of the name is uncertain, but it is thought that if not a word for 'sun' it may be a variant of or linked to words meaning 'creative power' 
Those of you who know me and follow my art,
know that I have an innate connection with the sun
and that I feel it gives me creative power. 
So I see it as only natural that my muse 
would have me paint 
a symbol that has a connection to the sun.

Thanks for letting me share my art with you.
Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...