Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Creation of a Phoenix ~ Part Two



Part Two: The Head
Yes, I am going to tease you and only show you bits and pieces.  
It took me months to paint this one, so I need to slowly expose her.
What I will tell you is that the 3 pictures above come from the face and head.  If you have been following along all year (2014) then you might notice a few things are different about Phoenix #7.  As you may be aware, each Phoenix has morphed and changed.  This one is no exception.  The more astute will recognize that the beak has changed.  Some of things that have morphed are; around the eye has gotten more elaborate. The Phoenix seems to be flaming just a bit differently.  Oh, and there is more yellow in this one.  To see how they've morphed over the year, Click Gallery
At this point in the painting things were moving along quite quickly.  Each day more and more of the canvas was being covered.  I was thinking to myself, at this rate I'll be blazing my way through this painting in no time.  One must never assume the Muse has the same idea as I was soon to find out......
Yup, this is where I am leaving you.  As they say, leave them wanting more. :-)

Come visit my Website too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...