Monday, January 5, 2015

Creation of a Phoenix ~ Part Three




Fear not, this will be the last bit of teasing.  I think?
As I painted this 2 foot by 3 foot piece there were times and sections of the painting that just magically happened.  Then there were times and sections that gave me labor pains for days on end!  They say each new painting is like giving birth and at times it sure felt that way!  
It is actually quite uncommon for my paintings to have more then one layer.  Which is a rather an uncommon way to paint.  But that's just how I do it.  Most of the time.  On this painting however, there are a few sections that have 5 or 6 or more layers on them I repainted and repainted and finally the muse released what she was looking for.  Hence, one of the reasons this painting was in labor for a very long time. 
Now you can understand why I had to tease you just a wee bit.  
I promise that I will unveil her with my next post.

Feel free to swing by my Website  



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...