Saturday, December 27, 2014

Creation of a Phoenix ~ Part One





Part One: The beginning
I must confess.  I've been holding out on all of you.  I started this painting back in April and didn't actually finish it till the first week of November.  I didn't realize it had taken me so long to paint this Phoenix, but........... I guess it did. Apparently I am a slow painter! :-)
It is 24"x36" the largest painting I've done in about 2 years.
Of course I am going to tease you a bit before I unveil the finished painting.  It took me 6 months to paint.  I can't share the full monty right off the bat.  That just wouldn't be fair.
This piece took me about 3 weeks of sketching and decision making, such as what size canvas to use before any paint touched the canvas.
Starting with a clean palette and my favorite colors of paint. I picked up my beloved palette knife, crossed my fingers and hope for the best.  Starting with the eye (yes, I always start with the eye) I put down a mark of paint, stopped thinking and let the muse take over. It is usually best for me to stop thinking.  Thinking just gets in the way and reeks all sorts of havoc!
With that, this is where I shall leave you hanging till the next post.  Which hopefully won't take me 6 months to write. LOL

Visit My Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...