Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Phoenix Series Continues


Meet Calliope
The latest Phoenix in my series
and
the one I've been teasing you with. 


Calliope
24"x24" Original Palette Knife Oil Painting
on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

Click for a Closer Look

"Calliope"
The muse of epic poetry and Inspiration.
Almost from the very beginning of this painting
I knew her name was going to be
Calliope.
I don't know why?
I just knew that had to be her name.
Calliope is usually depicted with a tablet, writing scroll
or wearing a gold crown.
The gold/yellow light around her head was
already painted before I looked up the
meaning of Calliope.
So yes, she was always meant to be
Calliope.

Apparently she also wanted swirling
fiery tendrils
and the first to have claws and talon.
She took a bit longer then I expected
but I think she was worth the wait.

Sorry this is not the best of pictures
but if I waited till I had her
professionally photographed
you might be waiting a very long time to see her.
And we couldn't have that!

As always, thank you for letting me sharing
my art with you.

If you haven't seen it yet,
I have a Brand NEW Website
Please feel free to go have a look see.

You can also find me on
Pinterest and Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...