Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bloom True ~ Week 5

The Fifth and Final week
This week had me feeling quite stuck and frustrated. 
I was missing the fun, loose relaxed abstractness of 
the first couple of weeks.  
I kept looking at my two canvases wondering where on
earth these were going to take me and not sure
it was going to be anywhere. 
I must admit I was a bit disappointed when I realized
that at the end of the 5 weeks I wasn't going to
end up with a finished painting. 
At the writing of this blog, a few weeks past week 5, I have
only finished one of the canvases. 
Which is canvas one. 
Though after looking at the pictures and being 
reminded of how colorful it was I am not 
100% thrilled with the outcome. 
But you'll have to wait to see the finished piece. 

Canvas One
Layer 9  This was the Peacock canvas


Canvas One
Layer 10

Canvas Two
Layer 9

Canvas Two
Layer 10  Got Bold and added marks and color
I will admit it was fun to be Brave, Bold and 
step out of my comfort zone.  
I did learn that I love to paint with me fingers and dripping
dropping and letting the paint run.
I can see myself creating abstracts in the future
using the technique of the first few layers
but no more black and white for this girl.
It'll be interesting to see if I integrate 
any of these techniques into my daily painting life?
For now, I'll say that I am happily back to my beloved oils
with my best friend colors.
I did procrastinate getting back to the canvas,
but now that I am back I've been 
painting daily. 

Have fun with me on Instagram
Visit me on my Facebook page
Welcome to my Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...