Thursday, March 13, 2014

Blooming True ~ Week 3


Week 3 of Bloom True had us finding Inspiration
What things enliven us? 
What stirs our soul?
Also finding/having Gratitude for all things.
Big. Small. Everything in Between
You are probably seeing by now, this course isn't 
just a course about painting but life as well.

Our painting days are Tuesday's and Friday's each week.
Tuesday's week 3 layer was incorporating 
personal imagery. 
For some reason this had me holding back. 
Maybe it was due to the fact I was really NOT liking
my paintings since the black and white layer. 
Maybe a little bit of fear creeping in
that I was going to make even more of a disaster
on the canvas then what was already there.
But I decided to hold off on this layer till after I
had seen Friday's lesson.

In the meantime, one of our exercises was to get out in Nature. 
Now this I can do!  
As some of you know, one of my favorite things to do
is to head to red rock canyon and do some hiking.
So off to red rocks I went to spend some time
with Mother Nature. 
Here are just 2 of the pictures I took while I was there.  

Calico Basin in Red Rock Canyon

Yes there are plants in the desert
Mother Nature's Mandela
Friday came and it was time to bite the bullet 
and add some imagery. 
Insert deep breath here.
After hanging with these 2 canvases for the past week 
and seeing if anything was speaking to me,
which honestly wasn't much!
This is what came of week 3's session.
I will say, I am not in love with the outcome 
and as you can see, I stayed away from B&W.
But as Flora says, we are exactly where we are suppose to be.
I sure hope she's right! LOL

Canvas One Layer 6 
Canvas Two Layer 6
No the face wasn't planned
A couple of things I've learned during the process so far:
 I prefer not to have music playing while I paint.
Or at least for now.
This I knew from my oil painting but it was suggested
to listen to music to help you "flow."
Apparently, my muse flows quite nicely in silence.
I prefer to paint with my fingers.
That 24"x24" canvases are too limiting and I should 
have gone with larger canvases.
I am sure there will be other lessoned learned as 
the process continues. 

Curious to see how the layers evolve in Week 4? 
Me too! 

Follow my "real" time progress on Instagram
Like my artist page on FaceBook
Visit my Website

For info on The Bloom True Workshop



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...