Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sherman Zwicker ~ Original Oil Painting

 Ghost from the Past

The Sherman Zwicker
Original Oil Painting on Archival Board
12"x12"
For a Closer Look,
Click Here
From out of the Fog
As it the two boats pass
In Boothbay Harbor.  My reference photo

The Sherman Zwicker became a fascination for me the day she
appeared out of the fog quite close to the Balmy Days.
We were on the Balmy Days on our way to
Monhegan Island off the coast of Maine.
It was June of 2009 and I was heading to the
island for a week
 of rest, meditation and getting away from
the "normal" world.
As you can see, it was a gray foggy day,
kind of like pea soup.
When all of the sudden there was this
Ghost from the Past Schooner by the side of our boat.
It was quite an eerie feeling but
fun and exciting at the same time.
Somehow I managed to get 2 pictures of her before she passed.

After my fabulous week on Monhegan,
thankfully the weather improved and no I was not a painter at the time;
I was heading back to Boothbay harbor and as we got
 into the harbor all of the sudden there was
the Sherman Zwicker.
So I got my camera out and took a couple of pictures of her.
I have always longed to paint this painting.
but as most of you know, I am not usually
a traditional painter and I
did not have success painting boats when I took a
workshop this past September.
However, the Sherman Zwicker kept calling to me
and I just had to paint her.
For my first "real" boat I am pretty pleased with her.

What do you think?

By the way, the Sherman Zwicker was built in 1942,
she is considered a tall ship and is the last of her kind.

Don't forget, I Love Followers of my blog.
You can follow me through your google account
OR
Sign up receive my blogs to your email.
I enjoyed sharing my Sherman Zwicker story and spending a few moments with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...